Responsible for business results (profit and loss, meeting annual plan and growth in the value of the business). The scope of this position includes: leadership of a cross functional business unit team (sales, operations, engineering, quality, supply chain), new business generation, proposal preparation, bookings (orders), profit and loss accountability and presentation, developing and maintaining customer relationships, establishing the yearly business plan, overseeing operating activities to ensure good customer service and cost objectives are met, contract negotiation and other duties.
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and guide the business team in the pursuit of profitable new business and maintain clear focus and priorities in the product team
- Focus on value creation – value based pricing and identifying profitable new business opportunities
- Develop annual and long term business plans for business unit(s)
- Develop sales and marketing plan to drive new business to meet business unit goals.
- Collaborate with the sales force as necessary to support new business growth and customer retention
- Work closely with sales and the total organization regarding business targets and actions including customer meetings and sales calls
- Involvement in cost estimation process to ensure cost accuracy and appropriate pricing
- Prioritization and coordination of engineering activities in support of the business unit short and long term goals
- Coordinate new business activities between the customer and Adams Rite Aerospace engineering
- Oversee operations activities to ensure cost goals are met, customer needs are prioritized, and quality issues are resolved
- Prepare reports and present business unit results and metrics to company senior management
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
BS degree required; technical discipline preferred. MBA degree preferred. Seven or more years of combined experience in Sales/Program Management/Operations/Engineering with industrial experience preferred. Previous team management experience a strong plus.
Should have strong leadership, critical thinking, and problem solving abilities. Must be results and action oriented and take ownership of the team’s performance. Must be able to manage and prioritize multiple programs to maximize value creation.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee frequently is required to walk, bend, stoop, kneel, or crouch and reach with hands and arms, climb or balance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.